Immigration and Employment Counsellor
CDEM is looking for a dynamic, autonomous and creative person to fill the position of Immigration and Employment Counselor in Manitoba. Bilingual, both oral and written, candidates will have the following responsibilities:
- Respond to general immigration inquiries by email, in person and over the phone.
- Inform and direct all clients who are in the Manitoba immigration process.
- Analyze the cases, pre-screen candidates after the province has drawn the pool and evaluate applications.
- Inform and direct clients and employers on work permits (Francophone mobility, PVT, Temporary Permit).
- Prepare the employability of candidates and send them an email explaining their job opportunities.
- Prepare letters of support for client visas.
- Present the exploratory visit and explain employability to the candidates.
- Inform candidates practising in regulated professions about the steps to follow upstream and downstream for certification or accreditation with associations or various orders of regulated professions.
- Prepare quarterly reports for the Province of Manitoba, CDEM and annual reports.
- Perform any other reasonable duties as prescribed by the Director.
Skills and qualities required
- Post-secondary education completed, or a combination of experience and education, in employment counselling, career development, social services, human resource development or a related field;
- Fluency in French and English, both oral and written;
- Demonstrated independent and teamwork skills;
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, autonomy and a good sense of detail;
- Rigour, concern for quality and creativity;
- Ability to work in a computer environment;
- Ability to speak in front of a group and demonstrate dynamism;
- Travel independently;
- Have a valid driver’s license and have access to a vehicle.
Contract details: Full-time, competitive benefits.
Start date: January 2023.
CDEM is an equal-opportunity employer. Interested candidates can send their application before December 15, 2022 to Salimata Niamien-Soro, Director of Employability and Immigration at CDEM email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization. We will ensure appropriate follow-up with those selected for an interview.