COMMUNIQUÉ DE PRESSE – PUBLICATION IMMÉDIATE
Winnipeg, July 3, 2020 – The Conseil de développement économique des municipalités bilingues du Manitoba (CDEM) is presenting the Cinéma sous les étoiles event for a second year. This summer, the main partner is Cinémental, in collaboration with the Québec Cinéma organization.
Cinéma sous les étoiles offers Manitoba audiences free outdoor screenings of French-language films with English subtitles from July 9 to August 27. Screenings are scheduled at 9:30 p.m. in the dark. In case of rain (wind, storm), the screening will be postponed to the next day. If the bad weather persists, the screening will be postponed or cancelled.
In July and August, the presentations will take place in the ruins of St. Boniface Cathedral. Seating is limited to a maximum of 100 people, who must bring their own chairs. It is mandatory to reserve your seat. You must speak to an attendant during office hours by calling 233-ALLô (233-2556 /1-800-665-4443).
Obviously the health security protocol ordered due to the Covid-19 will be applied on the premises and meticulously respected.
Here is the schedule of the planned projections.
JULY | MONTH OF BIOGRAPHIES
9:30PM | RUINS OF THE ST. BONIFACE CATHEDRAL
July 9th | La passion d’Augustine (Duration: 1 h 43 m) 2015 | MOVIE TRAILER
July 16th | La Bolduc* (Duration: 1 h 43 m) 2018 MOVIE TRAILER
July 23rd | Louis Cyr : L’homme le plus fort du monde (Duration: 2 h 10 m) 2013 MOVIE TRAILER
July 30th | Maurice Richard (Durée : 2 h 04 m) 2005 MOVIE TRAILER
*Join us on July 16 at 9pm for a short musical performance by Suzanne Dupuis and Father Armand Le Gal in tribute to La Bolduc
AUGUST | MONTH OF FAMILY MOVIES
9:00PM | RUINS OF THE ST. BONIFACE CATHEDRAL
August 6th | Astérix : le secret de la potion magique (Duration: 1 h 25 m) 2019 MOVIE TRAILER
August 13th | Les Pee-Wee, l’hiver qui a changé ma vie (Duration: 2 h 02 m) 2012 MOVIE TRAILER
August 20th | Junior Majeur (Duration: 1 h 55 m) 2017 MOVIE TRAILER
August 27th | Nelly et Simon : Mission Yéti (Duration: 1 h 24 m) 2018 MOVIE TRAILER
Erwan Bouchaud | CDEM
Henri Dupuis | Cinémental
N.B. Screenings may be available in September in depending on available locations and public health guidelines.
Thank you to our partners and sponsors!
MOVIES UNDER THE STARS PARTNERS
CDEM | CINÉMENTAL | TOURNÉE QUÉBEC CINÉMA
SAINT-BONIFACE CATHEDRAL | ICI MANITOBA | FÉDÉRATION DES PARENTS DE LA FRANCOPHONIE MANITOBAINE | PASSION ET HISTOIRE SAINT-BONIFACE
LA LIBERTÉ | ENVOL 91 FM
RESERVATION & TICKET BOOTH PARTNER
— 30 —
GUIDE AND COVID-19 PROCEDURES
- Each group must reserve a designated Seating Zone prior to 6 hours before the start of the event by calling 233-ALLO – the event’s ticket booth sponsor. No entry without prior reservations
- Participants are asked to provide the following information at the time of reservation :
First and last name, phone number and email address of the contact person
Number of people participating in your group
First and last of each person in your group
RESERVATIONS ARE MADE WITH 233-ALLÔ:
By phone : 204-233-2556 or 1-800-665-4443
(au poste 205 ou au poste 202)
By email : email@example.com
- Seating Zones are available in groups of 2-12 people and are spaced 6 feet apart to ensure safety. Only individuals from the same household may reserve a Seating Zone together and patrons will be asked to remain two meters apart AT ALL TIMES.
- At this time, the number of participants allowed on the site depends on the number of people allowed to gather according to the provincial phase plan, and according to the venue where the event will take place. This number is therefore likely to change during the summer.
- Due to the evolution of the pandemic which remains uncertain, CDEM reserves the right to refuse participants entry to the site and to make the decision that may prove necessary to preserve the health and safety of participants, including the cancellation of the event at any time.
- To maximize your experience, we invite you to bring the following items:
- folding chair
- blankets or warm clothing
- mosquito spray
- hand sanitizer
- Please note that each person must bring their own equipment. Absolutely no sharing of food or objects.
DAY OF THE EVENT
- All patrons are reminded that if they are feeling sick or symptomatic od COVID19, they must remain at home.
- Seating Zones are spaced 6 feet apart to ensure safety. Patrons will be asked to use the designated entrance ramp on De la Cathédrale Avenue. Should participants leave the site, they must use the designated exit. All patrons must remain two meters apart AT ALL TIMES.
- Spectators are encouraged to arrive early to avoid long queues. A member of the organization will escort each group to their designated seating area.
- On site there will be signs indicating the Covid-19 guidelines to remind participants of the health standards to be respected.
- Once in a Seating Zone, participants must remain in their zones, including children.
- Where washrooms are available, cleaning and disinfection of the premises will be done before, during and after the event. Children must be accompanied by an adult from the same group if they wish to use the washrooms.
- All other areas of the site will remain closed, including picnic or play areas.
- At the end of the event, the groups will be invited to leave one after the other. Each group will be escorted by a member of the organization to a designated exit point.
- Participants who do not follow the procedures will be asked to leave the premises.