Who Are We
The CDEM has been the driving force behind economic development in Manitoba's bilingual communities since 1996. Our mission: stimulate, encourage, support and coordinate economic development in the communities that belong to the Association of Manitoba Bilingual Municipalities (AMBM).
We thrive on the value-added of bilingualism in our communities' economies.
Our activities in the area of economic development have two main bearings:
- We coordinate the implementation of major economic development projects, in close cooperation with the bilingual municipalities and their community development corporations. These projects are often the product of Visions, i.e. medium to long-term plans established with the CDEM's cooperation, which all bilingual municipalities can access.
- We offer many services to new businesses, businesses that are established, expanding or who are thinking about exporting.
- We offer services in French to established businesses and to new entrepreneurs.
- We offer French business development programs, some of which are custom made, to entrepreneurs.
- Our investment funds give small businesses access to risk capital.
- We coordinate the implementation of major economic development projects.
- We are involved in tourism, rural development / small business support, green economy and the involvement of young people in economic development.